Catering Assistant x 3
Do you enjoy working as part of a fast pace, passionate team? Are you a customer focused individual wanting to provide exceptional customer service? Do you want to work in an amazing location? Do you want to contribute to our conservation work and make a difference? If so, this role could be for you.
Our Catering Assistants here at Claremont, serve a wide range of delicious cakes and light lunches to warming soups and daily specials to all of our visitors, and we're looking for more enthusiastic individuals to join our friendly team.What it's like to work here
Steeped in nearly 300 years of history, this eighteen-century garden is a green oasis in the heart of Surrey within easy reach of London. Once a dukes’ retreat and a playground for princesses, Claremont has always been somewhere to escape everyday life and enjoy simple pleasures with family and friends.
Many of the great names in landscape design history played a part in the creation and development of the estate. Over the years Sir John Vanbrugh, Charles Bridgeman, William Kent and ‘Capability’ Brown all put their own distinctive stamp on the pleasure grounds, which were part of the foremost royal residence in the country.
Today there are still many unique and unexpected features to discover, including the large turf amphitheatre, serpentine lake, grotto, Camellia Terrace and Belvedere Tower. No visit would be complete without sampling the tempting array of homemade cakes and light lunches in our café.What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people, positive attitude and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll welcome and look after every customer who visits our catering outlet, in this predominately front of house role. Using your excellent attention to detail, you'll ensure all signage is displayed correctly and the food served looks delicious.
As a key member of our busy catering team, you may also be required to help prepare some of our food in the kitchen. In whatever role you are fulfilling within your catering outlet, the National Trust values will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, and look to maximise sales so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
This role will also involve some extra responsibility, which will include opening up in the morning, cashing up, locking up the building as well as placing orders.Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just ‘good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking