The role is based in the Corporate Reporting Department for a large international publishing organisation based in Peterborough. You will report to the Finance Manager.
International publishing organisation
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Completion of financial submissions for News UK, Wireless Group and Unruly using Upstream and Hyperion.
- Preparation of key quarterly reporting documents including entity balance sheet analytical review to assist in Consolidation and Treasury submissions.
- Maintaining stakeholder relationships with subsidiary contacts to ensure timetables are met.
- Preparation of financial statements for the business and its subsidiary entities to agreed timetables.
- Assisting management with audit queries and providing auditors with deliverables throughout period.
- Understand group structure and identify ways of streamlining operations and reduce legal entity numbers.
- Completion and ownership of a number of monthly reconciliations across the business and its subsidiaries.
- Responsible for clearing reconciling items and providing explanations for key movements monthly and quarterly.
- Assist in integration of subsidiaries into finance team.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with a background in Financial Reporting