We are working with one of the fastest growing distribution companies in the UK who are now looking to recruit a Senior Buyer.
You will lead our 'best in class’ purchasing support function within the Midlands branch operation, driving the buying function to support the established and successful sales team, within this fast moving B2B environment.
You will be responsible for overall purchasing strategy and have responsibility for all aspects of the supply chain management. You will also control the enquiry costing function for the bespoke packaging business, and you will source new products and product lines in the ever evolving business.
You will gain:
- The opportunity to work amongst some of the industries leading experts
- Exposure to some of the most innovative products and solutions in the UK market
- The opportunity to execute your own buying strategy and evolve the support function
- Ongoing focus on building skill sets and personal development
You will need to:
- Preferably hold CIPS qualification or equivalent
- Preferably have knowledge of UK and international purchasing
- Have a demonstrable track record of success within a purchasing role
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Understanding of strategic buying methods and deal making
- Understanding and appreciation of the psychology of buying
- Understand the vision of the business and tailor buying strategy to drive this
- Excellent interpersonal skills, in order to be a flexible and supportive member of the team
- An ethical approach to business and relationship building
- Be outgoing, positive and have excellent communication skills, particularly on the telephone
- Manage a healthy workload and maintain focus and organisation
- Be able to understand and effectively follow company process and procedure
- A strong desire to improve the supplier/ customer experience
- Demonstrate strong ability with Microsoft Office products, with an emphasis on Excel
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- To adhere to all national and local health and safety regulation and company quality policies
- Previous B2B industry experience in a purchasing or buying/selling role
- Excellent presentation skills
The company offer an excellent working environment, the opportunity to learn and develop as well as a fantastic benefits package.