Production Controller / Progress Chaser - Aviation / Aerospace
Production Controller / Progress Chaser
Our client is a specialist company supplying MRO services to the Aerospace and Defence industries.
They currently have a vacancy for a Production Controller, to organise, plan, and prioritise the flow of work throughout the workshops.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Organise, plan, and prioritise the flow of work throughout the workshops.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, commercial department and management by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Monitor and control resources. Review work orders, and staffing levels, to determine personnel and / or material requirements to confirm we can meet customer demands.
- Develop specific goals and plans to accomplish the work and hit deadlines.
- Plan turn round times against commitments for each workshop.
- Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss any needed changes. Revise turn round times and schedules when required due to labour or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
- Compile information, such as progress, predicted turn round times and customer supplied information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Monitor documents, CMM’s and SRM’s, materials, products and work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyse information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identify information by categorizing, estimating and recognizing differences or similarities, and detect changes in circumstances or events liable to disrupt production.
- Communicate with people outside the organization as and when required.
- Develop and Build Teams - Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships by developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Provide motivation, guidance and direction to subordinates, setting K.P.I.’s and monitoring performance
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Coordinate the work and activities of others by encouraging members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have aviation/aerospace experience, preferably within a repair/overhaul workshop environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience within a production control environment ideally within the aerospace sector.
- Experience of Electrical Engineering, Production Management and knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- The ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation working with experienced supervisors and staff to develop their knowledge and skills.
- The ability to produce reports and KPI’s.
- Mange workflow to meet customer deadlines.
- Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering to a minimum of HND / Higher Education.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and could be interested in this superb opportunity, please apply with your CV and salary expectations ASAP.
*PLEASE NOTE - by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be sent to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list*