Senior Technical Author (Software)
Role Summary: This is a key role within the software development team based in Bristol. Working on Alterian’s suite of industry leading software products aimed at the Digital Marketing user, the technical author will work closely with the Product Owners and other subject matter experts to create and maintain the web based product documentation.
About Alterian: Alterian is a leading provider of cross-channel marketing campaign and real time interaction management software. Our products are used by direct clients, agencies, and marketing services providers to deliver compelling and personalized customer experiences for many of the world’s leading brands and corporations.
- Plan, design, and write technical documentation, aimed primarily at the Digital Marketer persona, with some content for system administrators
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure the documentation is of high quality, relevant to the audience, and delivered on time
- Continual improvement of documentation content and delivery, in response to feedback from customers and internal stakeholders
- Adhere to company style guidelines across all user documentation
- Work collaboratively with the Learning and Development team to ensure user documentation and training materials are consistent
- You will have excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- A "can do" attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- You will be a skilled writer and have sufficient technical ability to perform and document some of the tasks required to install and configure software releases
- You have knowledge and understanding of topic based authoring in DITA or HTML
- You will have experience using authoring tools such as Flare or Robohelp, and be a proficient user of Microsoft Word
- Your will have excellent organizational and planning skills and be able to co-ordinate the requirements of multiple product owners, providing feedback if delivery dates are in danger of slipping
- Experience of working in an agile development environment
- The ability to identify and take ownership of issues and drive them to resolution
- You are an enthusiastic team player who enjoys working in a fun, demanding and dynamic environment
- You will preferably hold a university degree
In addition to the salary there is a 10% bonus based on company and personal performance. There is also a benefits package.