Our Client is a registered charity that works with works with the internet industry, police and Government. Its remit is to minimise the availability of 'potentially criminal' Internet content, specifically images of child sexual abuse hosted anywhere, and criminally obscene adult content in the UK.
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
• Design user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests
• Proven ability using java, MySql, Python, html and willingness to learn additional languages
• Annual review of current systems and recommendations for future enhancements including cost
• Working closely with hotline team to identify potential new services and provide proof of concept designs
• Evaluate adequacy of developed systems at regular periods
• Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Ensuring all ISO27001 system security by design principles are incorporated and evidenced.
• Preparation of training manuals for users
• Maintenance and support of systems
Skills & experience:
• Programming skills in Java, PHP, Python, C & C++, HTML5
• Demonstrates experience using Git, Github and JIRA
• Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrates a systematic and methodical approach to work
• Proven ability to see tasks through to the end
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in a clear, concise and open manner
• Proven ability to use spreadsheets and produce reports and graphics from them
• Proven ability to distribute information efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner
• Demonstrates excellent IT skills
• Experience of using and manipulating a variety of databases
• Understands the principle of confidentiality and evidence of having operated in an environment of confidentiality
• Evidence of leading technical teams, mentoring and assisting those with less technical understanding
• Membership of relevant organisations
• Understanding of commercial filtering products
• Evidences an understanding of internet technologies and their governance
• Relevant experience of working within a secure development environment producing detailed papers
• Previous experience of quality assurance work or work within a regulatory environment
• UX/UI (User Experience/User interface) deign skills
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 - £43,000
Benefits: 25 days holiday, company outings, free parking, flexible working hours, company laptop, relaxed working environment, company ping pong tournaments, pension scheme (5%), private healthcare, death in service, travel expenses and free training courses.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. aspire cambridge ltd is acting as an employment agency for this permanent vacancy.