EU Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) - Python Developer
Duties and responsibilities:
We are seeking an experienced Python developer to join KCG’s London proprietary trading team with a focus on supporting our ETF trading desk. You will be interacting directly with the traders to implement solutions to the day-to-day requirements of the business. This is focused on large-scale, high-speed, algorithmic trading and so a significant portion of the role will be concerned with building automated management and reporting tools that operate on very large datasets in the context of complex systems. You will be gathering requirements from traders directly and reacting to problems as they arise.
Skills, qualifications, experience required:
- Advanced level Python developer - must be able to write clean, idiomatic code
- Must be able to demonstrate experience with unit testing
- Working knowledge of C++
- Good understanding of relational databases including very strong SQL skills
- Experience with automated build systems, continuous integration, issue tracking systems
- Must demonstrate interest in building domain expertise
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in financial services (ideally trading company, investment bank or financial technology provider)
- Experience in building analytical applications (ideally within financial services)
- Very strong communication skills - able to communicate effectively in high paced trading environments
- Bachelor's degree
- Background in mathematics, physics or computer science preferred.
- Proven experience in mathematics, algorithms or theory.
- Strong task-oriented mindset is essential.
Closing date for applications: 13 March 2017