Are you seeking to develop your career as a Financial Accountant ?
Are you an ACA or ACCA qualified Accountant who trained in practice and is now keen to progress your career with a move into industry? Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant in Coventry for an International Utilities organisation. The role will offer the opportunity to deliver high quality Statutory and Management reporting for the UK operating companies. Your main duties will also include the provision of quality supporting information to facilitate an effective statutory audit process.
The business are a FTSE listed Utilities organisation who have a Head office in Coventry and multiple sites nationwide. The finance function is huge and the opportunity to progress is a realistic prospect, which could see you moving into a Finance Manager role or a Finance Business Partner with limited month end responsibilities.
What will I be responsible for?
As the Financial Accountant your duties will include:
- Preparation of the annual Statutory Accounts, Regulatory Accounts, and other external reporting matters required by legislation, listing rules, licences and external regulatory bodies
- You will play a key role in the UK management reporting cycle, including supporting the budgeting and forecasting process
- You will be a key member in implementing new accounting standards, maintaining accounting policies and providing expert accounting advice to all parts of the UK business to ensure compliance and maximum value.
- You will also be responsible in assisting with the financial close process, ensuring that high quality, timely and consistent reporting is produced
- You will support the timely completion of annual tax packs, liaising with the Tax department regarding completion of tax computations and ensuring the correct treatment of all accounts items.
Is this the right role for me?
To be successful within this role you will be ACA or ACCA qualified or due to qualify in the next 3 months, making a first move into industry from practice with relevant experience gained in a top ten firm.
A willingness to build relationships and communicate at a variety of levels will be essential, alongside the ability to think outside the box and look at the bigger picture with a specific focus on commercial decision making.
For somebody making a first move into industry this is a great footstep into a FTSE business, where the line manager has also made a similar move and understands the challenges and pressure you may be under. It is not unheard of for high achievers to move into senior roles within the business within 12 – 18months or make an external move with a wealth of experience.
Financial Accountant package:
- £40,000 - £47,000
- Company Pension
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
If interested in the Financial Accountant role please contact Alex Britton on or