Marketing - £20K - Restaurant Group - West London
This company operate in the hospitality sector and own a chain of 18 restaurants headed up by TV chef Raymond Blanc and 8 pubs that offer traditional English pub vibes with both French and British food.
This is an entry level graduate job paying £20,000.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company to both support and learn from the small marketing team responsible for the groups restaurants and pubs making this is an exciting opportunity to develop real hands on commercial work experience for a well-established business in the hospitality sector.
Tasks interns can expect to learn about and undertake include:
• Develop a strong understanding of the company’s portfolio of restaurants and pubs along with the company values and tone of communication.
• Support the management of the company social media channels, producing regular content for each and engaging with the online community where possible.
• Work with the marketing manager to raise the brand awareness of each venue.
• Research content for press releases and engage with journalists to develop exposure for any of the group’s restaurants or pubs.
• Perform market research and analysis of competitor marketing activity, identifying potential insight and learning where possible.
• Regularly contribute to the production of engaging content for the group’s blog and marketing material.
• Support the marketing manager on new restaurant and pub launches in terms of generating local interest and building marketing strategies around these such as events, PR and working with external marketing agencies to launch new venues.
• Other ad hoc duties as they arise.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level.
• A strong desire to develop a successful career in marketing.
• Any previous work experience or educational background in marketing would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of social media channels and blogs.
• Strong written communication skills and someone interested in regular content production.
• A highly literate individual.
• A highly organised individual with a high attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of design or video software would be a bonus.
• A positive approach to work and eager to develop a range of new skills in marketing, communications and branding.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• This is an excellent opportunity to hone your marketing skills and knowledge whilst working for a well-known name in the hospitality industry.
• The intention is for this internship to convert to a permanent job.