Sector Analyst - Renewables
The EIC is a leading international trade association for UK companies supplying goods and services to the energy industries worldwide. With over 600 member companies, The EIC provides its members with the capability to understand, identify and pursue global business opportunities.
This position is within the Power, Nuclear and Renewables Team of The EIC and is based at our London head office. Your main duties will involve detailed research and analysis of key projects in the Renewables sector to identify and promote contract opportunities and enhance our Global Business Information Product, EICDataStream.
Excellent interpersonal skills are required as candidates must have the ability to form trusted relationships with operators, contractors and allied organisations. We need someone who has a disciplined approach to work and can demonstrate the ability to plan, organise and perform to high standards. Good IT skills are a standard requirement and good presentation skills would be a distinct advantage. It would also be advantageous if the candidate could prove that they have the ability to produce high quality written reports. An ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals is essential.
The role offers an excellent platform for anyone wanting to establish a career in the Renewables industry. Previous experience of the industry is desired but not essential, an understanding and interest of the Renewables sector would be a distinct advantage.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Continually work towards acquiring a high level understanding of the Renewables sector.
- Research and analyse project, industry and business related intelligence relevant to the Renewables sector that can be added to EICDataStream. Ensure that all information is to the highest standards of quality, accuracy and is provided in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for EICDataStream Renewables data and ensuring that regular QC checks of the information are undertaken. Inform the Head of Power, Nuclear and Renewables of any gaps in the data and assist in identifying ways of reducing these gaps.
- Support the Head of Power, Nuclear and Renewables and the UK/National Events team in delivering and developing the Renewables related Events and Expos.
- As directed, work closely with the IT Department to test and deliver upgrades and enhancements to EICDataStream and other related Market Intelligence products.
- Where appropriate and as directed, establish good working relationships with industry participants and other relevant Trade Bodies.
- Establish good working relationships with Member companies.
- As required, attend EIC commercial and technical meetings and present where relevant.
- Attend where appropriate and within the budget disciplines, relevant seminars, conferences and workshops.
- To monitor market trends and highlight new developing areas that would be of benefit to EIC Members.
- Produce EIC Insight Sector Reports and Country Reports as guided by Head of PNR
The closing date is midnight on Friday 3 March 2017.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.
The EIC is an equal opportunities employer.
For further company information please refer to the EIC website.