An exciting opportunity has arisen to for a Process Engineer to join BPL, a niche pharmaceutical business based near to Watford at a time where it is embarking on a programme of investment in all areas of the business.
This position would provide the successful candidate an opportunity to work within an environment transforming established processes into industry best practise and to support the development of site process engineering procedures and policies for BPL going forward.
The main purpose of the role is to work alongside the Head of Process Engineering and to be involved in the following:
- Provide process engineering expertise for production of products in a pharmaceutical, GxP environment
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting of existing processes and equipment, determine root cause and ensure availability and yield requirements are met
- Identify areas to improve process robustness and provide pragmatic, sustainable solutions that meet best practice
- Lead and provide technical expertise on all aspects of process engineering including feasibility studies, concept and detailed design, constructability, commissioning and operation.
- Manage complex, cross-functional projects to ensure that the deliverables are aligned to business needs
- Provide technical support to resolve quality deviations and safety incidents using structured root cause analysis techniques.
- Provide process safety support/expertise (HAZOP, ATEX), ensuring that all processes and changes that are implemented result in a safe process.
- Champion GEP within the department and mentor less experienced team members.
To be considered for this position the successful candidate will be educated to degree level within a relevant discipline, preferably chemical engineering, and have gained at least 5 - 10 years experience within a regulated industry - preferably pharmaceutical. You will have also developed the ability to provide robust engineering solutions to transform mature, existing process to best practice and have a knowledge of ASME BPE standards, sanitary design, GMP and GEP. Your experience will also have furnished you with the ability to provide process safety support/expertise, ensuring that all processes and changes that are implemented result in a safe process. Experience with control systems (PLC, SCADA, Loop controllers) specification, programming and optimization is desirable.