Fixed Asset Accountant
As the Fixed Asset Accountant, you will be based in London and join an essential part of UK regulation which is vitally important to consumers, market participants and society. The role is responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the fixed assets register and all the accounting entries and related reconciliations in respect of payroll (payroll is managed by HR and run by a third party provider). This role will report to the Senior Associate - Financial Control.
The Fixed Asset Accountant, based in London will be responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of the fixed assets register including additions, disposals, and the monthly depreciation process
- Depreciation forecasting
- Periodically conduct and evidence existence and impairment testing for both tangible and intangible assets
- Month end reconciliations for all asset and work in progress accounts
- Liaison with other Finance teams (Project Accounting, Management Accounting) to ensure assets are accounted for correctly and on a timely basis
- Principal contact for Internal Audit for all fixed asset matters
- Adhere to and promote the fixed assets controls and processes
- Production of KPIs in respect of fixed asset accounting
- Produce all the monthly journals to account for payroll related costs
- Produce monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all payroll related control accounts (pensions, benefits, net pay, PAYE etc)
- Answer any queries arising from the payroll accounting
- Contribute to the production of the Financial Statements, specifically in respect of the notes required for fixed assets and staff and employment expenses
- Provide information and support to the external auditors and deal with audit queries promptly.
Requirements for the Fixed Asset Accountant to be based in London
- Studying towards (ICAEW/CA/ACCA or equivalent qualification) with relevant experience in fixed asset accounting, payroll accounting, balance sheet reconciliations and year-end audit;
- Strong computer literacy and well developed skills in finance systems (Oracle, Hyperion or similar systems), Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Experience of communicating with and influencing internal and external stakeholders; and
- Maintaining and promoting effective working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
If you are interested in this role, please click to apply or contact me directly.