Lead Engineer - Digital
- Lead Engineer - Digital
- Be part of something from the outset
- £60,000 to £65,000 plus benefits
The Chief/Lead Engineer has responsibility for software development, maintenance, support and hosting across the full technology stack. Reporting into the Digital Technology Director, you will task manage a multi-disciplinary team of software and test engineers. This will range from day to day management to setting the future strategy of software engineering, underpinning all parts of the MAG-O Digital business plus collaboration activities with partner organisations.
We have recently begun a digital transformation journey and have established MAG-O (Mag Online) as a separate disruptor business. This new division will operate as a tech start-up experimenting and rapidly deliver new digital experiences for our customers. Based in a contemporary environment near to Manchester airport, MAG-O is all about 'the art of what is possible’. The MAG-O business will drive multi-platform digital transformation by developing new omni-channel retail and reservation lines of business across our 4 airports.
- Lead the software design, agile development, automated testing and automated release of highly available and highly scalable commercial products using languages such as C#, .NET, SQL Server, CSS, HTML, JQuery, Web Services, and tools such as Selenium, Gherkin, Jenkins, JIRA and Confluence.
- Work with the Lead Architect to develop the technology roadmap that will deliver the business capabilities / strategy.
- Interpret and negotiate business requirements to deliver high quality, customer focused solutions.
- Define software methodologies and standards to ensure that solutions are high in quality and success is repeatable.
- Ensure that software solutions are fit for purpose, fully regression testable and therefore cost effective, delivered on schedule and to functional and non-functional specifications.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party providers of software solutions and development/testing /hosting services. Constantly seek to improve the quality of all 3rd party development and test deliverables.
- As a senior member of the MAG-O team you will be expected to lead by example instilling a can do attitude within the team whilst also building strong relationships with key stakeholders from across the business
- Industry experience in delivering customer facing solutions across mobile / web / ecommerce platforms
- Experience of transitioning from 'outsourced’ delivery model to in-house teams
- Experience of hiring & managing teams of Web & Software Developers + QA
- Knowledge of CRM, Customer Insight & Customer marketing tools
- Strong commercial acumen and can understand and act on the company vision and strategic goals
- Keeps abreast of market and industry developments
- A rounded experience of SDLC methods with strong focus on Agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- Confident and credible when working with senior execs
- Able to transfer effective methods and or ideas seen elsewhere to enhance own work environment
To be successful in this role, you will have a high energy/ can-do attitude. You must be able to deliver on time and to the highest standard. We will give you the support, skills and tools that you need to be successful if you can bring the drive, personality and desire.