Location: Waterloo, London
We are currently recruiting for one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK with a long standing history dating back almost 900 years. My client is a leading provider of healthcare infrastructure design, build and maintenance with a focus of providing innovative efficiency improvements within the trust. The organisation provides an ethical approach with a focus on making a huge difference within the NHS.
They combine exceptionally high standards and public sector values with commercial focus, innovative thinking and modern technology to create the best possible patient experience. The technology arm to the business provides a broad range of IT services to the trust covering desktop, email, clinical/administrative systems, network, mobility, telephony and IT training with an aim of making digital healthcare a reality.
The Infrastructure Architect will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of the infrastructure and any associated projects, such as application design, strategic data centres, backup and cloud migration. The successful candidate will have proven end to end infrastructure transformation and infrastructure management experience.
- Manage the Trusts Infrastructure technology strategy, technical budget forecast and architectural blueprint
- You will ensure that the Trusts IT Infrastructure is strategically aligned, fit for purpose and evolve in accordance to the market
- You will be responsible for all elements of IT Infrastructure Strategy including capacity planning, on-site, off-site, disaster recovery, backup, virtualisation, management, automation, archive and continuity
- You will be responsible for the definition and planning of strategic Infrastructure projects with budgets that meet or exceed £20m.
- You will be responsible for the provision of commercial technology services, the governance of the services and assurance that services are fit for purpose.
- You will provide Infrastructure architectures that align to the business requirements and the organisational strategy.
- Proven end to end infrastructure experience
- Educated to master's degree level in an IT/ science/engineering discipline or equivalent qualification with relevant experience, training and knowledge or hold a professional qualification in at least one technical discipline (MCSE, SCCM, AD)
- Substantial architectural solutions design experience within an organisation that uses a structured design methodology.
- Proven ability to initiate creative design solutions that solve business issues.
- Architectural dependencies (data, integration, process).
- Exposure and experience of implementing: NetApp FlexPod Compute and Storage platforms (Metro-Clusters, Cisco UCS and VMWare)
This is a fantastic, rewarding opportunity to join an innovative technology services provider making a difference within the NHS.
Apply online for further information