*Exhibition / event Operations Director for a sector-leading event organiser in London
*Responsibility for two operations teams and successful event delivery
*Ideal for an event management professional who lives and breathes operations
This is an opportunity for a driven, creative and highly organised Exhibitions Operations Director to lead two established operations teams within a large-scale event organiser. The business is a UK-leader in its sector, having shown consistent growth for a number of years.
In order to be successful, you'll need exhibitions in your DNA and ooze extensive experience as an Event Operations professional. The role involves the direct day-to-day management of the operations teams - a total of ten individuals, based in London. You'll be reporting into the Chief Executive.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking full ownership for the operations function of the business, ensuring best practice is achieved and delivered for all events
- Bringing a level of creativity to the role, with particular focus on the success of the exhibitions business
- Managing a team to make sure that events are delivered to budget and ensure that additional approved spend is allocated where growth opportunities present themselves
- Working with the IT team in order to evaluate new technology and implement as appropriate for support of the operations function
You will require the following skills:
- Delivering an exhibition should be second nature to you. You understand the mechanics and the drivers in the way that you understand breathing
- You'll need a natural talent for managing costs with a frightening level of effectiveness and will relish the challenge of negotiating supplier deals. You must understand the balance of making an event look great without excessive expenditure.
- A strategic and detailed technical understanding of events
- Experience in large-scale event delivery
- Supreme organisational and prioritising ability
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to establish and retain a strong team as well as fostering a great team culture
- Able to take a strategic view and to get your hands dirty, with the ability to flit between the fine detail and the big picture
- The ability to manage external relationships and business expectations with excellent communication skills
- Motivation and passion by the bucket-load
- The ability to guffaw loudly at stressful times!
Why this is a great opportunity:
- The salary on offer is £50,000 - £60,000, reflective of experience - there will also be additional bonus and reward opportunities.
- The company is a highly successful and profitable organisation, having created a platform where leading industry experts, high-profile speakers and sector employees can form partnerships, network and work towards common goals.
Based in Central London, UK.
If you believe you're a match for the above, we'd love to hear from you.
*Please note that we are unable to respond to applicants that do not meet the strict application criteria above.*
tfconnect is a specialist recruitment / executive search firm for the global exhibition and conference industries.