Remote Field Service Engineer - Essex Area
Due to an increase in customer service need, we are seeking an additional skilled and experienced Field Service Engineer to work remotely on customer sites, as part of the Company's Field Service Team. You will be based in the Chelmsford, Harlow or Romford areas.
The successful applicant will offer support to all the company's customers on their portfolio product, primarily for fleet tracking solutions, but also warehouse equipment. Working in the truck cab, on the external trailer or in a light goods van, you will diagnose faults, repair faulty equipment and carry out maintenance works, where applicable. You will be dealing face to face with customers on both a planned and an emergency basis within pre-set service level agreements.
This role is a 40 hour working week, including at least one weekend day. You will, therefore, get a day off during the week to compensate. Which day is negotiable.
Additional Salary Info: 24 days leave, plus stats, plus PMI & pension
Engineer | Field Service | Remote | Maintenance | Field Engineer
- Qualified to HNC Level and/or a proven experience on the vehicle tracking equipment, installation and maintenance.
- Ability to work both alone on own initiative, or as part of a team when required.
- Openly receptive to change in a fast technology environment.
- Possess good general PC skills, preferably MS Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude and ability, both physically and mentally, to work in a variety of environments, including confined spaces, heights and outdoors.
- Dexterity in use of hand held equipment involving intricate electronics, wiring, soldering and build and in all the above environments.
- Proven experience within an electronics environment and a good all round technical capability and problem solving experience.
- Have a valid driving license for travelling within the UK.
We are a leading telematics company assisting customers, such as Tesco, JCB, Sky, with their vehicle fleets. Microlise products assist customers track their vehicles, and help drivers improve their driver style to assist with vehicle maintenance, fuel efficiencies and reduction of CO2 emissions.
- Winners of the JCB Innovation Award 2013.
- A supportive culture with a proven track record of developing individuals and helping them to achieve their full potential.
- Excellent company benefits.
- Support Charities and local schools, universities and businesses.