Combustion Operations Manager
My client are a FTSE 250 business providing facilities, property and asset management for some of the biggest public and private sector businesses. They have revenues in excess of £1.8bn and a reputation for being the best in their business.
Job objectives & responsibilities
- The management of a team of Field Engineers and Supervisors (Approx 15-20 with various Combustion skill sets)
- The management of the Customer Relationship across all sites under your geographical area of management
- The Proactive ownership of the quality delivery and maintenance issues within the buildings you control in your geographical area, by good utilisation of your engineering team and leveraging of customer relationships
- To spend 40% of your time (2 days per week) out in the field visibly managing your engineers, visiting your buildings and engaging / developing customer relationships
- To cover the London region, including parts of Essex and Kent
- Health & Safety Compliance & Quality Assurance Management
- Leadership & Management
- Proactive Management of Engineers
- Meet and or exceed Budget Targets set within the Profit and Loss Account, utilising reports and effective and efficient team management
- Identify additional revenue opportunities
- Proactively manage the delivery of services from agreed Sub Contractors where your team cannot self-deliver and also strive to reduce the use of Sub Contractors
- Maximise the use and compliance to the Mobile Technology (PDA)
- Develop strong relationships with all of your customers ensuring escalations reach you first, develop trust and high levels of communication at all times
- Planning - Support the Operations Manager in ensuring that the monthly PM plans are accurate and maximised for excellent utilisation of your engineers (2 days office time required)
- Relevant technical qualifications within the Combustion field.
- Able to demonstrate experience in either the M&E / FM industries.
- Demonstrable experience of direct Management of engineering staff and sub-contractors.
- Organising and job planning.
- Determined to own problems to solution.
- Organising materials and plant.
- Create and work within a strong team environment.
- Demonstrate a track record in project supervision.
- Demonstrate the ability to price small works associated with core business.
- A good understanding of Customer Service Levels and Key Performance Indicators .
- Commercially aware.
- Ability to work on own initiative, to a high level of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Trade skills relevant to The M&E/FM industries.
- Good communication and IT skills.
- Strong people management leadership and Influencing Skills.
- Good decision maker.