Essential Previous Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have come from a fabrication, manufacturing or engineering background where, down-time, set-up time and efficiency are key considerations to the success of a multi-disciplined factory.
- Is hands on when required - can sort out typical production issues be they equipment, process or people related.
- Exceptional attention to detail - good at problem solving and getting to the root of things / can trace things back to source.
- Strong leader with exceptional team-work ethics and a good motivator.
- Has managed large multidiscipline teams.
- Has established Key Performance Indicators and managed and maintained day to day production to target with these.
- Fastidious about record keeping. Meticulous with HR records.
- Can carry out administrative work with ease (does not need support from a secretary or HR department).
- Is familiar with basic HR legal requirements, knows how to carry out appraisals, disciplinary and performance improvement plans.
- Has the capacity to work well under pressure and can multi- task extremely well.
- Unflappable and does not loose sight of critical objectives. Can delegate well even when under pressure.
- Good standard of I.T. Knowledge - Excel and Word
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Quality conscious to the extreme. Does not accept second best.
- Management of daily production and operational activity.
- Ensuring production objectives are achieved with regards to quality, quantity, timescale, health & safety, financial and environmental issues in line with the company’s objectives and development.
- Optimising production capacity.
- Setting and meeting KPIs. Reporting of production performance.
- Development of personnel through appropriate monitoring, appraisal and training.
- Maintaining adequate staff records with regard to company, legal, insurance, employer’s liability and H & S requirements.
- Maintaining safe working procedures required by the Company and legislation.
- Effective cost control of production to budget / plan.
- Lead continuous improvement and ensure compliance with the company quality management system.
Education and Training
- BTEC or NVQIII in Engineering related subject
- Management Training
Wilde Associates are working in the capacity of an Employment Agency or Bureau for this vacancy.