Buyer (Construction/ Raw Materials)
£22,000 to £26,000 + Benefits Package
Buyer required for steadily growing organisation who offer bespoke interior deigns for commercial and domestic properties.
To apply for the role you need experience in purchasing materials. Specific training on the company’s products will be given if needed, although applicants from the natural stone / construction industry would have an advantage.
You will be responsible for purchasing raw materials and consumables for the business. You will purchase from existing suppliers and source new ones if required. After the materials have been sourced you will be responsible for the logistics of getting the materials to site. You will arrange samples from suppliers to customers, raise PO numbers and support quality control issues.
The company are a well established supplier of high value products and have an impressive portfolio. The company are continuing to win contracts in the South East.
* Sourcing of raw materials
* Liaising with suppliers (existing and new) to negotiate payment
* Working to project deadlines to ensure that materials arrive on site when required which will include arranging logistics, liaising with transport companies and being in direct communication with the site supervisor.
* Arranging samples from suppliers to customer
* Be a point of contact in dealing with quality control concerns
* Controlling and recording existing stock levels.
* Will have previous experience of procuring and buying raw materials
* Will have previous experience of working to targets and meeting deadlines
* An applicant from a stone or logistics background will have an advantage
* Commutable distance to Battersea