IT Security Analyst
About The Role
As a member of the IT Security team, assess and manage the potential business impact and likelihood of technical threats and risks to the organisation’s IT Systems and infrastructure before those events occur.
Facilitate key technical security related technical aspects to ensure the Society meets and exceeds compliance & regulatory requirements.
Essential skills and experience:
- Good understanding of information security best practices within the financial service sector.
- Experience of engaging with external bodies.
- Knowledge and practical application of security best practice.
- Technical security knowledge to include but not limited to the following areas:
- Networking inc. Firewalls/IDS/IPS
- Any security related qualification (beneficial e.g. CISSP, CISA/M, SANS GIAC etc)
- Experience of PCI-DSS (beneficial)
- Experience of UK Financial Services regulatory requirements (beneficial)
- Enterprise Managed Anti-Malware & endpoint security technologies
- MS & RHEL Operating Systems
- Data Leakage Prevention
- Secure gateway technologies (e-mail & web)
- Experience in the following technology vendors products beneficial:
- Red Hat Linux
Other essential information:
- Must be able to show discretion and maintain total confidentiality when required.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be able to build good relationships with key stakeholders in the business.
What we offer:
- Salary: £34925 - £52387
- Pension Scheme - this is 5% of your basic salary
- Holidays - 23 days holiday
- Childcare allowance scheme
- Success Share scheme
- Sports and Social Club
- Learning & Development