Communications Executive (NL17/27)
£24,630 to £26,000
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for a Communications Executive to join our Cambridge-based global Communications Team. This role will offer the successful applicant a chance to work across internal and external communications and to learn about all areas of the business.
The Communications Executive will support the communications team on a wide variety of activities that will help us deliver on the Press’s communication strategy. As Communications Executive, your role will include:
- Creating and posting press releases and other relevant updates and news across online and social channels
- Working on the global intranet news, proactively seeking out and writing stories, and looking for opportunities to link internal stories to external PR opportunities and vice versa
- Proactive and reactive press office activities such as liaising with and answering enquiries from agencies or media, individuals and other organisations via telephone and email
- Sharing/promoting internal news and announcements via channels such as the intranet, Yammer, email, posters
- Maintaining our media target and contact database
- Collating and analysing media coverage to create reports for internal review and evaluation
- Assisting with communications calendar planning and management
- Internal and external event support
- Providing other admin support as required
You will be qualified to degree level or equivalent and be able to demonstrate a keen interest and understanding of communications. We are a very collaborative busy team so you will be a strong team player who isn’t afraid to ask questions and make suggestions, but who can also work independently and be proactive. The role requires excellent writing skills and attention to detail, as well as good prioritisation and time-management skills.
You will evidence experience in a communications, HR or marketing position and be keen to develop your skills and knowledge across internal and external communications.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Quick to pick up new systems and processes
- Social-media savvy
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Video editing/photography skills would be highly advantageous
- Previous experience using SharePoint
Our global not-for-profit organisation is committed to the advancement of knowledge worldwide through our exciting publishing programme. You will be joining a diverse and collaborative workforce and you will be supported in your career ambitions to achieve your potential.
Help us achieve our mission, and you will have a career that is not only hugely satisfying but brings with it great benefits and a stimulating, supportive and flexible working environment.
A great central Cambridge location, our office is only a ten minute walk from the train station and guided busway. Benefits include a staff incentive scheme, flexible working, free life assurance and a contributory pension scheme, 28 days’ annual leave, subsidised restaurant and café, free on-site gym and sports facilities, and season ticket travel loans.
Interviews will take place week commencing 6 March 2017.
To apply, please complete the online application by 26 February 2017.