Management Accountant Qualified
Leading Central London are looking to employ a qualified commercially-focused Management Accountant to join their dynamic Finance division.
The finance team is in excess of 45 people, and this role sits within the Commercial Finance Team of around 12 people, reporting to a Senior Finance Manager. They are ideally looking for a recently qualified ACA Audit candidate from a leading Accountancy Practice, who is looking for their first step into a commercially focused accounting role within the Commerce and Industry sector.
- This is a role working within the commercial asset reporting team with a focus on providing detailed analysis on the financial strength of counterparties to Asset transactions which will include due diligence on new property acquisitions. Financial analysis will require critical appraisal of the underlying transaction with value being added by identifying and highlighting opportunities to mitigate risk.
- Playing a key role in the production and development of the monthly asset reporting pack for the Group Property Director and his senior team.
- Providing financial support to the operational team and acting as a key contact on any financial matters.
- Acting as the primary finance contact for business rates and utilities, overseeing the production of annual client reconciliations.
- Acting as a key contact point for Asset related queries
- Assist in the production of the monthly Asset Reporting pack by providing commentary and analysis.
- Liaise closely with the operational business developing key relationships.
- Work with IS and Modelling Teams to develop additional reports to identify potential value add opportunities or to increase exposure to areas not currently reviewed.
- Provide the treasury department with forecasts on asset related cash movements to enable them to manage cash flows.
- Preparation of any ad hoc invoice requests required by Asset Managers as well as providing nominal ledger coding for invoices where required.
- Assist Asset and other Finance staff with any ad hoc Asset Finance queries or requirements that may arise through their daily work.
- Provide supporting schedules to the statutory accounts team for any asset related queries that may arise during the audit process.
- Responsible for one direct report
- ACA Qualified (or equivalent)
- Candidates must have recently qualified within a leading Accounting Practice. Big 4 would be ideal but is not essential
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to think commercially and the ability to interpret a company's performance using statutory records.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills particularly in presenting financial information to non-finance staff
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- An interest and awareness of developments within the property industry and factors affecting the industry
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a team