Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join their team based in Hinxton, Cambridge. You will be on a full time permanent contract with a competitive salary of between £35,000 - £40,000 depending on skills and experience.
Our client is a world leading developer of genome-based discovery and diagnostic technologies, providing their Sapientia clinical decision software platform to UK NHS Regional Genetics Services and clinical, research and commercial customers nationally and internationally. They are also a clinical interpretation partner for the UK100K Genomes Project working with Genomics England. Our client’s main office is located at the Wellcome Genome Campus, with the Sanger Institute and the EBI. The entire Campus covers an area of 125 acres and provides those working here with a beautiful environment to enjoy.
Main Responsibilities of their Software Developer
- Develop features and improvements for the Sapientia website
- Fix bugs for the Sapientia website
- Perform DevOps for the Sapientia website
- PC/Server Setup & Maintenance
- General IT Troubleshooting and setup
Essential skills required to become their Software Developer
- Basic version control with git
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux and working in the terminal (Bash, etc.)
- Strong relational database experience and knowledge (SQL, ideally Postgres)
- Web application development experience (ideally full stack)
- Strong knowledge of web technologies
- Reporting & documenting
- Use of encryption - data security
Benefits of becoming their Software Developer
- 25 days of annual holiday
- Pension through Royal London with 6% company match
- Private healthcare coverage through AXA PPP, with the ability to add family members. The company pays the annual premium for the employee, but the employee is responsible for the full cost additional family members
- Income protection benefits (if employee is unable to work for 13 weeks, he/she will receive 75% of salary for up to 2 years)
- Life insurance at 4 times salary (lump sum payment)
- Subsidised gym membership on site at the Sanger Institute
- Free parking
- Flexible working schedule potential (some ability to work from home as needed)
Shortlisting to begin week commencing 06/03/17.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Software Developer then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!