2nd Line Support Engineer
Permanent, full time role. Salary up to £25K dependent on experience.
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm
My client are a fast-growing IT company offering IT support to businesses all over the UK. Since their beginning customer satisfaction has remained #1 priority, this is where you come in!
Due to continued growth there is now a requirement for an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer to join the vibrant team! You will report directly to the Technical Services Manager. Working both in-house on the help desk offering remote support and also on clients sites as and when required, your responsibilities will include:
- Local and remote network & desktop support Hardware management- Servers, switches, storage etc.
- Contribute to IT/systems project initiatives
- 3rd party supplier management
- Monitor IT infrastructure to provide availability and capacity to all systems
- To work 'on call' approximately one week out of every six. There will also be the requirement for some evening and weekend work.
Based near Junction 14 of the M1 in Milton Keynes the office is easy to get to and has all local amenities. The office is a fun place to be, with plenty of banter, but it is also hard working and results driven.
Working in house for the company will allow you to not just build great solutions, but launch them, monitor them, improve them, and see the direct results of your efforts.
Above all you will be proactive in your approach and be good at building strong relationships with clients. Excellent communication skills are paramount and you must possess the ability to liaise internally and externally at all levels. You will be focused on offering outstanding customer service and have at least 2 years experience in a similar role.
Due to the nature of the work a degree of flexibility with working hours is required and you must also possess a full UK driving license.
Skills and Experience required:
- Windows Server
- Windows Desktop
- Windows Exchange
- MS Office
- Active Directory/Group Policy management
- Microsoft Exchange Support VMware/ ESX Veeam
- Knowledge of Networking Technologies - TCP/IP, VLANs, LAN/WAN Routing
- Experience with Firewalls, Routers & Switches
- Good commercial exposure to Back-up software and Data Storage: SAN and NAS
- Service desk ticketing systems
- Experience of Telecoms systems would be beneficial
Please apply today to find out more!
As a result of the volume of applicants we receive we will be unable to respond to each of you. We will endeavour to respond to successful applicants (to this role) within 24 hours of your application.