Finance / Commercial Controller, design-led manufacturing company (Mandarin Speaking)
As Finance Controller, you will oversee and manage all financial aspects of company operations and be responsible for the flow of financial information to the Senior Team, the Board and, where necessary, external parties such as investors or financial institutions.
You will assist with the commercial, strategic and operational aspects of the business in order to drive growth in EBITDA and operational effectiveness.
Specific early challenges and responsibilities include managing margins, resources and working capital through a sustained period of rapid growth; contributing to the design and implementation of a mid-office ERP system; designing and implementing new business processes and reports; developing the web-based Xero accounting system and consolidation routines; and managing a growing finance team located in London, Hong Kong and China.
You will also help run the design team. Working with the Design Director, you will be responsible for controlling studio workflow across all designers liaising closely with account management and other teams to plan and resource work on a daily, weekly and long-term basis, ensuring that projects are resourced correctly, with the best available designer and in the most efficient manner, sourcing additional freelancers as and when required.
International design agency, retail or supply chain management experience in a multi-divisional structure involving consolidation and multi-currency trading and fluent Mandarin will be a real advantage in the role.
In this Finance / Commercial Controller role, you should have the following personal profile:
- Absolute integrity
- Highly numerate with exemplary technical expertise
- High analytical skills; including capability to conduct robust investment analysis and provided a balanced and considered opinion.
- Have thorough knowledge in project management, creative and design processes
- An influencer with real empathy and able to communicate clearly presented and financially informed commercial arguments
- Diplomatic and composed, but forthright; able to present views persuasively but in a non-confrontational way
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial approach
- Flexible; able to fit into small-team environment
- Self-motivated and able to direct own work thus being proactive rather than reactive
- Ability to learn quickly
- Comfortable with being an agent of change
- Demonstrate consistency and reliability in all areas of the role
- First class communicator, in person and on paper with the ability to gain the trust of all stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive and results orientated with the determination to see projects through from start to finish
For a further chat about this Finance / Commercial Controller role please contact Louisa Mordaunt and send your CV today!