IT Support - Line 1
1st Line Support Analyst
Summary/purpose of role:
My client is looking for a 1st Line Support Analyst to join their IAM (Identity Access Management) Support Team. The role will provide a first point of contact for all support calls from customers worldwide. It involves the triage of calls and appropriate resolution or escalation.
The successful candidate will have excellent customer service, communication, time management, and interpersonal skills. Be a team player and foster a positive team environment working effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues and customers. You will also have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, and a good practical understanding of SLAs and call management procedures.
- Logging of telephone and email queries from customers
- Performing triage of incidents and service requests, including gathering relevant information so you can classify and prioritise requests
- Determine the most effective manner to solve or escalate incidents and service requests within prescribed Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Actively work with your team to reduce the risk of Service Level breaches and ensure all calls are closed within set timescales
- Ensure major incident communications and escalation targets are met within the prescribed timescales
- Maintain an understanding of all customer supporting processes and technologies and adhere to business operations, policies and procedures in order to provide high quality delivery of external support agreements
- Represent and champion customers and Service Desk requirements during the product development lifecycle
Key skills and experience:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues or customers
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams and tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- ITIL Service Management Essential foundation certificate or working knowledge of ITIL
- Experience of using call management software
- Basic understanding of web technologies and how web applications work
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of using the Linux command line
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.