HV/LV Assessor (South East)
Location : Home based
Contract : Permanent
Salary : £26,000 - £30,000
Skillnetwas established in 1997 and was one of the first training providers to achieve the prestigious Training Quality Standard award in 2008. Operating nationally we offer a range of training services to employers and employees. Each year we manage the training for more than 3000 people and now deliver quality provision nationally across a range of disciplines and to a range of different employers.
Main Purpose of Job
To provide professional Apprenticeship framework monitoring and assessment for trainees and employers, including the delivery and embedding of English, Maths and ICT using a wide range of learning materials and maintaining records to monitor trainee progress and achievement.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruitment of new learners.
- Conduct Work Place Induction for all new learners as detailed in current procedures.
- Visit learners at work place, carry out workplace reviews and assessments, gather evidence, assess progress, observe work practices and update records in accordance with current procedures. Ensure English, Maths and ICT skills are appropriately taught and embedded throughout the apprenticeship framework.
- Complete reviews for each learner in accordance with current procedures
- Advise and counsel learners as necessary regarding training, welfare and discipline.
- Carry our Health and Safety monitoring of employers to ensure adequate facilities, insurance and statutory Health and Safety requirements.
- Contribute effectively to monthly meetings.
- To monitor frequency, content and consistency of reviews and assessment throughout multiple site contracts.
- Liaison with Programme Manager to ensure co-ordination between on-the-job and off-the-job training
- Liaison with employers
Key Competencies required for role:
To understand customer views, needs and objectives.
Commercial and business awareness
To appoint suppliers who provide Skillnet with competitive pricing, and achieve economies of scale wherever possible.
Performance and results
To ensure consistency of assessment process and co-ordination of on-the-job and off-the-job training.
Provide information to managers and external bodies as required.
To contribute and work as part of a team
Effective communications and impact
To be able to communicate at all levels
Continuous improvement and management of change
To use learning, best practice and past experience to the benefit of all our activities.
To update professional and academic knowledge
- A Units (Essential) and V Units (Desirable)
- GCSE in English, Maths and I.T or equivalent.
- Relevant trade qualifications
Confident and adept when dealing with trainees, parents, employers and awarding bodies.
A working knowledge of awarding body requirements.
Creative, responsive, able to work under pressure and to tight time-scales and deadlines.
Employee Benefits :
- Private Healthcare
- 25 Days Holiday plus 8 BH
- Life Assurance