An exciting position has become available for an experienced Payroll professional to join one of the fastest growing Print organisations in the South East. They employ over 200 individuals who work together to help more than 180,000 customers. This position will be working in the head office based in Southend on Sea.
A fantastic career opportunity for an individual to utilise their payroll skills within a growing finance team. You will be processing the monthly payroll for 200+ employees; including preparing BACS files, full HMRC compliance and preparation of month end payroll journals.
* Administration of all stages of the monthly payroll processing cycle.
* Weekly timesheet reconciliations and data input into Sage Payroll.
* Calculating and paying monthly pension payments.
* Completing P11Ds; Statutory Annual Returns; Starters and Leavers P45’s.
* Maintenance and development of current payroll system with constant review of current controls and processes.
* Production of ad-hoc reporting for both the Financial Controller and Senior Management.
* The role will not be limited to these duties and will also carry out other duties within this area.
Requirements for the role:
* Experience of setting up and implementing in-house payroll is desirable.
* Sage Payroll software experience is essential.
* Relevant and up to date payroll experience.
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of all payroll related HMRC legislation including the current rates and thresholds.
* Strong attention to detail with high levels of accuracy for data entry is essential to this role.
* Computer skills - essential packages: Word; Excel and PowerPoint.
* Ability to prioritise and handle more than one task at a time.
* Ability to act on own initiative and make pragmatic decisions.
* Excellent communication skills and a team player with a professional and confident personality.
* Well organised with the ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
Apply now for an immediate interview!