Direct Marketing Executive Luxury Travel company
We’d love to have you on board!
Don’t miss this great opportunity to join Viking Cruises’ successful team
Viking Cruises offers a choice of award-winning cruise options via our successful Viking River Cruises and Viking Ocean Cruises operations. We are the world’s largest river cruise line with over 65 river ships offering the greatest choice of accommodation and itineraries across Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia.
In 2015, we introduced small ship ocean cruising to our portfolio and now boast two of the most beautiful ships at sea, Viking Star and Viking Sea. New ships are already being built taking the ocean fleet up to five ships in total in 2017. Along with an ever-expanding choice of itineraries - including our recently launched Around the World cruise - we are on course to become as successful on the ocean as we are on the river. All of which means a world of opportunities opening up for charismatic, passionate individuals with a love for great customer service and excellent earning potential.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Offline Marketing Executive to join our team based in our office in the heart of chic Wimbledon Village.
Our marketing team is full of special people. They are driven to succeed, loyal, innovative and wildly enthusiastic about our award winning river and ocean products. They really get the importance of understanding our customer needs and product. They work in a very fast paced and varied environment, and are all highly motivated and ambitious self-starters. Our office is small (around 20 people) fun and friendly. If this sounds like a place you would like to work - read on.
As an Offline Marketing Executive, you will:
- Work as part of the marketing team to develop and produce B2C direct marketing campaigns.
- Creating and executing innovative and effective advertising across offline channels.
- Assist in developing copy for: direct marketing, advertisements, email, website content, television and radio commercials, customer information and customer journey documentations and any other associated projects.
- Managing and executing all aspects of a high frequency, high volume direct marketing plan.
What we want - someone who is/has:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Direct Marketing role producing high quality direct mail for a large or growing high quality company is desirable
- Direct Marketing background with responsibility for producing direct marketing campaigns
- Travel background
- Experience of working with and briefing design agencies
- Experience of proof reading and editing
- Experience of managing results-driven direct marketing campaigns, from planning to implementation.
- Creative thinker with a keen eye for design.
- Good communicator, negotiator and influencer at all levels
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Strong team player who is flexible and adaptable
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to work autonomously and also able to take direction and feedback constructively.
What we offer
- A competitive salary £25,000 to £28,000 based on experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) which grows with service
- Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
- Cakes on your birthday and a present on your work anniversary
- Fun social events
- Beautifully refurbished offices based in Wimbledon Village
- On board FAM trips
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing development programmes
- Promotion opportunities - as we grow we want you to grow too
- Friends and Family product offers and discounts
This is a full time role. Hours are 09:00 until 17:30, Monday to Friday with the flexibility of being flexible to attend events and FAM trips an advantage.