Junior Network Security Engineer - Permanent Role
The organisation is a specialist consultancy that offer only the highest quality services and support in the network security and information management space.
Our unique approach to fulfilling each of our customers' requirements is backed by a wealth of experience, developed through work in some of the largest companies in the world. Many of these environments host some of the largest and most complex networks on the global market.
We are seeking a Permanent Junior Network Security Engineer to join a dynamic and growing Information Security consultancy practice. The practice specialises in delivering Professional services and Technology consulting in the Information Security space.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to have a career in Information Security. You will be involved in the latest leading edge security technologies.
All applicants must have an affinity for information security, network security, application security or similar.
Skills and Expertise
• Good knowledge (hands-on, conceptual and real-life) of network security monitoring solutions such as IDS, IPS, Netflow and packet capture technologies
• Good knowledge of network security systems development, architectures, and packet decoding
• Good communication skills (written, oral, presentations) while maintaining an ability to talk in layman’s terms about security
• Good ability to work productively with team members, colleagues and other stakeholders.
• Flexible, confident and personally motivated to succeed.
• Good knowledge of security requirements for systems, networks and applications and operational processes
• Administration level experience in Unix-like systems (e.g. Linux), including generic CLI; system administration.
• Problem diagnosis and resolution skills (i.e. logical/lateral thinking) are essential
• Good understanding of networking
• You must have a degree in a computer science or a related subject.
• Personal projects in IT is expected and is a huge bonus.
• 1-2 years of work experience. 0 work experience with good academics and personal projects will be considered as well.
• Theoretical/Academic knowledge of operating systems and networking fundamentals.
• Knowledge of Linux.
• Basic programming and scripting skills.
• Excellent communication skills are a must.
The successful candidate will be paid £27,000 - £30,000 depending on experience