The position of Service Manager is working for a successful Engineering and Maintenance company who provide a full range of services from HVAC to Electrical and Energy Management. They have contracts with large commercial clients nationally and work from offices situated just outside Birmingham. This position is responsible for managing all planned and reactive jobs and driving performance from teams across the country.
This growing company have maintenance contracts nationwide with large corporate clients, in particular companies in the leisure industry. They provide a full range of hard services to their clients.
The Service Manager is a vital position in this firm ensuring that clients receive an exceptional service. It is responsible for ensuring maximum efficiency between the engineers and supervisors and that both internal and external KPI's are met. The goal is to keep the department running in an efficient and profitable manner to increase customer satisfaction.
Main duties include:
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement and implementing processes to deliver business targets and ultimately providing a customer experience that is second to none.
- Ensure that the management and supervision of each department is of high standards, ensuring all clients receive a consistent and quality service. Monitoring clients issues and complaints to define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues.
- Mentor and develop service delivery management and nurture an environment where people can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback that focuses on those items that will make the biggest difference in performance, reinforces efforts and progress.
- Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clients to improve their estates functionality.
- Ensure there is an adequately staffed, fully trained and high-skilled workforce to cope with the demand of all current contracts.
- Capable to analyse statistical data and compile accurate, presentable reports to the Operations Director.
Candidates for this role will need experience in a similar role scheduling large, multi-discipline reactive and planned maintenance teams. You will need:
- Display extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product knowledge details and company offered services.
- Desirable qualification in Service Management or other relevant Leadership / Management courses.
- Excellent knowledge of managing customer service tools and technology.
- Able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
Strong leadership and management skills are required as this role will be managing, leading and mentoring a large team nationally.
The Service Manager role has a package of £45k plus car and corporate benefits