Highly reputable organisation based in Bristol looking to appoint a Financial Controller in to their senior finance team.
The Financial Controller role is focused on the leadership of the organisations operational finance team, ensuring that all financial and payroll processes operate in an effective, compliant and accurate manner and that a strong control framework exists and operates throughout the process.
Financial Controls, systems and processes
- Ensure that all financial controls, systems and processes operate effectively throughout the organisation.
- Oversight of the systems used to produce financial analysis and reporting today and prepare for the potential introduction of new internal systems and data transfer to our sponsor government department.
- Oversee the successful operation of the annual budgeting and forecasting process and continue to enhance multi-year financial and academic year reporting.
- Oversight of the year-end process and the production of the annual report and accounts
Leadership and Team Management
- Lead and manage the Finance team, focusing on improving services and performance through business support and partnering. Ensure effective management and development of staff
- Ensure Finance staff have the necessary skills to deliver agreed objectives and implement plans
- Engage appropriately with Directors, senior managers, budget holders and other colleagues across the organisation.
- Develop a positive and constructive relationship with appropriate senior colleagues, managing day-to-day working relationships with colleagues in the Finance and operational teams.
The ideal candidate for the Financial Controller position:
- Qualified Accountant
- Thorough and proven knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience in combined accounting and finance, preferably as a financial controller
- Proven experience of creating financial statements and managing year-end audit processes
- Proven experience of General Ledger, month end and year end close
- Proven leadership experience, including leading teams through change.
On offer for the Financial Controller position:
- A basic salary of c. £55,000 - £60,000
- Generous Holiday / Pension.
- Other benefits available on request.
Our clients offices are based in Bristol, easily commutable from Swindon, Cardiff, Newport, Taunton, Weston-Super-Mare, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Chipping Sodbury, Chippenham and Cirencester.