Sales Engineer - Europe
Marine sales experience would be advantageous however not essential, but must have experience of product sales and supporting an agency network.
The role involves developing a portfolio of profitable sales for the company identifing potential new customers across Europe
To foster good relations with potential customers and develop a sound understanding of the specific requirements of each.
To generate cost effective sales to these customers and provide a friendly and efficient support service as required.
To negotiate sales at prices within a range determined by the Managing Director/Sales Director.
Organise and attend exhibitions within Europe both as visitor and exhibitor.
Work within the budget provided to achieve target.
Be alert to changing market conditions and competition and report same to Sales Director regularly.
Manage customers’ accounts to maintain satisfactory payment terms.
1. Identify potential users of/clients for company's equipment.
2. Make initial contact to identify degree of interest and ultimate sales potential and specific customer needs.
3. Follow up initial contacts to:-
- refine customer needs.
- produce outline design to meet these needs.
- clarify cost of providing "bespoke" service.
- identify degree of "after sales" service required.
4. Develop good relations with existing and potential customers.
5. Identify key personnel in customer organisation.
6. Ensure Managing Director/Sales Director are informed of all relevant information.
7. Maintain up to date records of all meetings with existing/potential customers.
8. Provide effective sales support, literature and public relations and advertising material.
Liaise with Managing Director/Sales Director to modify standard equipment/systems to meet customer needs.
10. Liaise with manufacturing department to ensure:-
- equipment will be produced on time.
- customer specification will be met.
11. Organise and attend various promotional activities world-wide.
12. Update specific marketing plan for Europe with activities and feedback from events and customer visits.