Who We Are
Accelerate Places is opening a new venue in Manchester. The company is backed by Blenheim Chalcot - one of the UK’s leading business venture builders who have created some of the UK’s most successful start-ups. Accelerate Places Manchester is the latest growth hub, providing flexible office space to a wide variety of businesses. Helping these people and companies succeed is incredibly exciting. Part of Accelerate Places’ success comes from building a strong community for our customers to thrive in. Accelerate Manchester are looking for a warm and positive individual that will play a critical in growing this community.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Café Manager for our building in Manchester city centre. This is a full time position and will report directly to the Community Manager.
Your main responsibility will be reception and café management, providing an inviting and friendly service for our members, guests and employees visiting our building. You’ll help make our building a great place to visit, a great place to work and be a part of a hard-working team. As one of the most visible people in the building, you will help us build a great culture and set our standards for great service.
Hours: Monday- Friday 7:30am-4:30pm
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
Make the best first impression
- Make the best possible first impression for members, guests and employees visiting our building from arrival to departure.
- Meet and greet all members and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Understand and demonstrate the brand and values of Accelerate Places.
- Ensure the reception and café area is kept immaculate at all times.
- Recognise key members and guests, greet them by name and build strong relationships with them.
- Always be approachable, open and willing to go the extra mile.
- If problems arise be solution focussed and work with the Community Manager to overcome and prevent problems going forward.
- Work closely with the Community Manager to maintain an energetic and vibrant work environment for all members.
Mind-set and behaviour
- Be energetic and vibrant with a clear focus on exceptional service in order to satisfy our members and their guests.
- Inspire those around you with enthusiasm and motivation.
- Be pro-active and highly organised.
- Use your initiative and experience to identify new business opportunities to attract customers and reach revenue targets.
- Have a positive, can do attitude at all times and be willing to roll your sleeves up!
- You will have a fun personality and the ability to work well without supervision. You will be great at multi-tasking and will look the part in your overall presentation.
- Greet members and visitors, to the highest standards.
- Maintain exceptional cleanliness in and around the reception and café.
- Make and present food and beverages to the highest standard.
- Monitor and place food and beverage orders.
- Opening and closing the café each day.
- Cash management after every shift.
- Conduct monthly sales analysis’ and report main findings to the Community Manager.
- Assist with meeting room and event catering where required.
- Assist the Community Manager in organising and delivering events where required.
Key Skills Required
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- People focused individual with experience working as a barista and ideally in a management position in the café industry.
- Relish the challenge of exceeding tough business targets.
- Always have a smile and love to work with people!
- Strong interpersonal skills - confident to liaise at all levels.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- In return, you will receive a full induction and training on everything coffee related by our chosen coffee and food partners.
- You will be a key part of our year-round events including Accelerate Places annual events and regular staff socials.
- You will receive a free lunch and drinks each day.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays