Business Development Director
At SGK we create brands, activate brands in the marketplace and help produce and protect them worldwide. We bring the right combination of creative and production services together to help make our clients brands more desirable and more profitable. By helping brands grow their topline and improve their bottom line, we help our clients drive brand performance.
Our talented multi-disciplinary teams amplify brand meaning and desirability through design across media channels to create compelling brand experiences in-store, off-the-shelf, and out-of-store. We offer comprehensive strategy and design services worldwide. We are known for captivating consumers wherever, whenever and however they buy.
We protect brands and their equities all over the world across media channels through our production capabilities. The assets we produce ensure absolute accuracy, consistency and efficiency across media, regions and presses. We offer comprehensive premedia services, rigorous print management and innovative packaging security and workflow solutions. We tailor and scale these solutions to address a brand's complex technical artwork production and delivery needs. We’re known worldwide for superior quality and innovation.
The position of Business Development Director for Europe is responsible for all aspects of the sales process; From identifying targets, establishing a pipeline, identifying and creating compelling proposals through to closing and converting new client business for SGK.
Additionally, the business development director role helps drives the Company’s profitable revenue growth within a geographic region by building strong relationships with Senior- and Executive-level Regional client contacts of either a global account and/or of strategic regional accounts and with Global and/or Regional account leaders. Collaborating with global and/or regional account leads and subject matter experts identifies opportunities for, and sells, additional Company solutions to drive revenue volume growth within the assigned client accounts.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Secure New Customers - Lead the New Business Development efforts of the organisation, in a classic "hunter" role. Identify, secure and expand strategic, profitable long-term customer engagements. With selling cycle times of 6-12 months, ensure there is a robust pipeline of qualified prospective customers, and lead the deployment of SGK multifunctional resources to close the highest-priority customer opportunities via leading a team selling approach. At the appropriate time, new customers will be handled on an on-going basis by SGK’s client management organisation.
- Expand Revenue via Cross-Sell - While a client management team will lead the day-to-day business of existing customers, the Business Development Director will play a key role in supporting this team with identifying new business opportunities with existing customers. These "opportunities" should expand revenue by delivering enhanced value across a broader solution set, and the Business Development Director should be closing those sales with the appropriate internal partners for each situation. As such, this Business Development Director must have excellent multifunctional collaboration skills, both internally and externally.
- Solutions Thought Leadership - The Business Development Director is responsible for ongoing understanding of key customer practices and insights (e.g., critical "pain points") to continually identify future value-added solutions of mutual benefit to the customer and to SGK. This includes ensuring the appropriate capabilities which are required to deliver customer solutions, are clear, such that SGK can consistently deliver on promises made at the time of sale.
- Contribute to Broader European Growth - SGK has a number of European subsidiary business units, which contribute to this broader, end-to-end brand strategy, design and visualization management solution. Driving growth of the parent and its subsidiaries (Anthem, BrandImage and IDL), in a strategic way, is a top corporate priority. The Business Development Director is expected to participate in and maintain an active role in company-wide efforts to geographically expand SGK services and solutions, regionally and globally.
- Net incremental revenue, year-over-year
- Net incremental revenue from new customers
- Follow-on revenue, post the initial sale
- Incremental revenue from cross-selling existing customers
- New Business Development Pipeline
- Number of new customers closed
- Number of existing customers cross-sold new services and solutions
- Number of qualified prospects at each stage of the selling cycle vs. goal
- FMCG Sales - foundational experience (Regional Account level at minimum) with blue-chip, market-leading FMCG company (e.g., P&G, Unilever, J&J). This should include a history of working directly with Brand Management counterparts on new Marketing, product and packaging initiatives, resulting in a working understanding of the systemic artwork process from concept to execution. Profiles with FMCG Brand Management as the foundation will be considered if the profile also includes proven relevant Sales capabilities.
- "Hunter Role" - Track record of effectively developing new business with new strategic customers using a systemic approach to managing a portfolio of new opportunities through the sales funnel. While the key focus of the role is new business with new customers, there is also an expectation that this role will help sell new opportunities within existing customers (e.g., cross-selling) in collaboration with the SGK resources handling ongoing customer business.
• Winnning new business.
• Successfully managing client accounts within a sales/target driven environment, including experience growing key accounts.
• Leading relationships and helping clients develop and deploy Marketing communications within one or more industries.