A buyer is required for a growing Central London Based Retail Organisation, buying for their General Merchandise Category. The role is looking for Buying specialists who have far east sourcing experience, strong internal and external negotiation ability and who have the ambitions to match those of the business.
The client are a growing retail business, based in Central London. Specialising in GM, this business in recent years has established and developed their competitive advantage over the market and are continuing to go from strength to strength. Due to this they have seen significant growth within their business in terms of like for like sales performance, culminating increased product offering and ultimately headcount. This is a great time to join such a high performing business as they continue to increase market share.
As buyer you will be responsible for being the product specialist within the business, have P&L responsibility and be expected to successfully trade your category to achieve business objectives.
- Identify range opportunities with the Head of Buying for the given category
- To implement the buying strategy and direction for the business and buying team
- To ensure that the buying structure reflects the business requirements
- To provide a buying calendar to support the seasonal trends
- To provide buying best practice services for the business
- To provide the link between the supply chain and distribution
The Successful buyer will
- Have Retail GM buying and Far East Sourcing experience
- Have very strong negotiation skills
- Be very commercial, with ability to build long term strategic plans to benefit the business
- Have great interpersonal skills, will need to influence at senior level internally and externally
- Have a solutions focused approach to problem solving, and be prepared with a contingency plan
- Be passionate about their category performance and always looking to overachieve
- Be able to commute to Central London on a daily basis
This role will be paying a highly competitive salary, and will be dependent on experience, ability and application.
The role will be based out of their Central London offices, will require some domestic travel as well as a small amount of international travel.