Job Description: Responsible for ensuring the quality and delivery of management and statutory reports on time. Ensuring continuous review of processes and driving best practice and efficiency across the department. Management of a small team of accountants with varying level of expertise with responsibility for all mentoring, coaching, training and recruitment. A willingness to support the team and be hands on preparing accounts when required.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Qualified Accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA)
- Technical knowledge of accounting for day to day real estate/investment transactions.
- Technical knowledge of accounting for acquisitions and disposals and complex transactions an advantage.
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of producing management/statutory accounts
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience of Sage Advanced Accounts Production, QUBE, & Cognos an advantage
- Delegation of tasks to team members and review of their output
- Cash Flow maintenance and forecasting
- Balance sheet control
- P+L - control
- Review of Management Accounts
- Review VAT returns
- Review of quarterly bank compliance information
- Dealing with internal departments & external parties regarding accounts, budgets, forecasts and KPIs
- Production/review of statutory accounts and supporting audit files
- Line Management of small team
- Ad-hoc reporting.
- Assistance with project work as required.
- Professional technical competence
- Strong work ethic, proactive attitude and eagerness to learn
- Able to work independently and a flexible attitude
- Strong team player – helping team members with their workload when needed.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to multitask is essential
- Good Academics
- Line management experience (desirable)
- Experience within the property industry (desirable)