Hospital Porter The Wellington Hospital
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We are excited to be able to offer an exciting opportunity for a Hospital Porter to join our Front of House team at the Wellington Hospital.
This individual will provide an auxiliary service to all patients and hospital departments including assisting in the transfer of patients and equipment.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity (37.5 hours per week)
The projected salary range is £17,000 - £17,767 per annum depending on experience with a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Please note, all candidates are expected to hole a Full UK Driving License.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responding to any Security, Fire or Cardiac Arrest alerts.
- To organise and handle support equipment and materials (e.g. Oxygen Cylinders).
- To carry out security/fire patrols of all internal and external hospital buildings.
- To keep reception, lodges and surrounding areas clean, tidy and free of obstructions.
- To escort patients to rooms, assisting with luggage and showing the patient all room facilities.
- Van Driving duties include;
- Transporting employees, patients and visitors via the shuttle bus service.
- To collect deliveries within the hospital and transport them between the buildings to be delivered.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience as a Porter would be advantageous
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies & procedures would be advantageous
- Good verbal communication skills with excellent customer care skills
- Knowledge of health & safety procedures
- Full UK driving license