Accounts Assistant / Book-keeper
The role requires following key duties;
- to complete the accounts up to TB, maintaining the purchase and sales ledgers;
- be responsible for the bank and ledger reconciliations;
- preparation of VAT returns;
- preparation of self-assessment tax returns for individuals & sole traders, partnership returns and assistance with the preparation of corporation tax return;
- assist all areas of the business with ad hoc general office and administration tasks such as requested:
- management of onsite filing system;
- assist with meetings - greet visitors, arrange refreshments and ensure the meeting rooms are cleared and tidy;
- assist senior accountants with accounting and tax matters
- post, including arranging couriers/Special Delivery
- The role requires having a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Bookkeeper/ Accounts Assistant position. You should have experience using the MS Office applications, quick books and other similar IT softwares.
- Previous experience in an accountant’s assistant /office administration role within a busy and challenging environment.
- Strong IT skills including the full use of MS Office applications.
- Clear focus on customer service and personal performance.
- Work experience that shows you thrive in a challenging operating environment that highlights your flexibility, resourcefulness and 'can-do’ attitude.
- AAT/ACCA qualified or part qualified with a view to completion
- Highly organised, strong on planning and effective processes, numerate with an eye for detail, with strong verbal and written communication skills