Finance and Operations Director
Artichoke works with some of the worlds leading artists to create extraordinary and ambitious public events that live in the memory forever. This is a really exciting opportunity join a truly creative organisation in a pivotal newly created role as Finance and Operations Director, reporting to the founding CEO.
The role of Finance and Operations Director has been created to consolidate growth of the company. This will be a Board appointment alongside that of the founding CEO/Artistic Director and the Development Director. The successful candidate will play a vital role in the Senior Management Team; helping to implement and drive a clear financial and organisational strategy; essentially enabling Artichoke to achieve full potential.
The Finance and Operations Director role has a wide remit and in addition to overseeing finance and administrations, will take a strong lead on negotiating a wide range of contracts, whether this is a sponsorship agreement, or an artist’s contract, or an agreement with a local authority (with all the implications in terms of financial control).
- A professionally qualified accountant with significant relevant post-qualified experience as a board facing finance leader
- Extensive staff management experience with the ability to lead and motivate a high-functioning and fast-paced team
- Have a balanced approach to driving entrepreneurial decisions whilst honouring the underlying creative mission statement
- A natural communicator, capable of developing close and effective working relationships with a wide range of non-finance and executive stakeholders
- A proactive, creative strategic leader who seeks new ways to clarify the financial position of Artichoke, but be a calming presence in spite of the relative unpredictably owing to the nature of the events
- Capable of prioritising complex and heavy workloads under tight deadlines and delivering at pace
- Sunday 5th March - Application deadline
- Before 8th March- Meeting with Allen Lane to specifically discuss the post
- 13th March - Informal 1st stage interview with Helen Marriage (founding CEO) and Peter Freeman (Board Chairman)
- 20th March - Panel interview with Artichoke
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Michael Quest at Allen Lane.