Technical Support Analyst 1st / Helpdesk & 2nd line / Desktop
Technical Support Analyst (1st / Helpdesk & 2nd line / Desktop Support)
We are looking for a Technical Support Analyst to be responsible for providing 1st / Helpdesk , 2nd and 3rd line support / desktop support to an internal user base (Windows 7, Office 2010, and Active Directory). You will provide support to desktop and laptop users, and help with the smooth day to day running of the IT Department.
As a Technical Support Analyst working as part of a team you will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support via helpdesk calls and direct requests (Windows 7, Office 2010, and Active Directory). You will be responsible resolving 1st and 2nd line user calls, monitoring backups, assessing the suitability of new technology and ensuring antivirus is updated.
My client can offer a career path into many areas such as software development, 2nd/3rd line, infrastructure, account management and project management and always try and promote from within where possible.
Skills required for this roleare:
- Excellent customer service skills both on the phone and email
- Previous experience in a 1st Line or IT/helpdesk role 2nd line / Desktop.
- Show previous experience working with Windows 7, Office 2010, and Active Directory (creating new accounts and mail boxes, account re-sets).
- Strong problem solving skills with an aptitude to working to set processes
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally on the telephone.
Any experience of working with helpdesk software or ticketing systems, Symantec Backup Exec, Microsoft Forefront, Ghost Imaging/Windows Deployment Services/WDS, iPhones/ipad's or Mac Support would be ideal but no means essential as full training will be given.
My client are also implementing Windows 10 and Office 365 so any experience in this area would be highly advantageous.
Salary: £24-26k (depending on experience) + Pension (non-contributory 3%)
Location: Farringdon, London
Apply now for further information on this excellent opportunity.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.