Analyst - Venture Capital Advisory - Client Management
My client is a Venture Capital Advisory Network based in the City of London that works with high net worth private investors to introduce them to VC investment opportunities.
This organisation is a start-up business and so the role is varied, covering relationship management, investment and event organisation, and will offer the right candidate unrivaled exposure as well as excellent progression and opportunity long-term.
Prospective Investee Companies
- Manage incoming potential investee companies.
- Create and maintain an up-to-date system to manage prospective companies.
- Handle all incoming ideas, business plans and applications for funding.
- Choreograph the early stage processes i.e.
- Keep the topic active throughout the week and push for decisions from the Directors. Ensure that the processes do not stall.
- Attend some of the initial meetings with one of the directors.
- Where required make contact with the company yourself and either screen or acquire initial information.
- Start the due diligence process, collect initial documentation, and produce the KYC report.
My client is planning to host 16-20 events during 2017. These will probably comprise of 7-8 private Member dinners, 2-3 drinks evenings, and 2-3 bespoke social occasions (wine tastings, speaker events etc.). In addition to this, there will 5-6 major company presentations and numerous smaller company
- Sourcing new venues. The aim should be to see at least 10 new places on average each month. ? Maintain a database of suitable venues (including their capacity, facilities, costs
- Initiate negotiations with event managers.
- Assist with budgeting, planning and hosting events.
Responsible for organising a regular (probably quarterly) update from each Company that the Club have raised funds for. This will primarily take the form of either a conference call (between the Company's management and its shareholders) or a face-to-face meeting. When this is not possible, it should be ensured that shareholding Members receive updates (either through the Newsletter or bespoke communication).
There are a number of regular tasks that the team needs to ensure happen. Over time some of these may become the prevue of just one person.
- Maintaining and updating the online portal.
- Producing the quarterly Member Newsletter.
- Refreshing the Club Brochure.
- Supporting the fund-raising process e.g. liaising with Members, companies and professional counter-parties (e.g. lawyers, tax advisors, custodian etc.); producing documentation; helping companies with their presentations and communication; general administration and hosting presentations.
- Assisting the process of new Members' joining the Club.
- Excellent organisational abilities, attention to detail, capacity for multi-tasking, performance under pressure, and resourcefulness.
- Strong IT skills especially with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Work ethic, integrity and sense of humour.
- Good degree level academics.