We are Liberis and our purpose is to provide simple, flexible funding to help growing businesses achieve their ambitions. As a young and vibrant business on a mission to re-invent the way small businesses access funding, we need smart, talented and driven people to join us on our journey.
Traditional business lending simply doesn’t reflect the nature of small businesses. So, on a mission to do things differently, and to do things better - Liberis we created the Business Cash Advance, a way of financing businesses that completely changes the face of lending.
Liberis offer a fairer and a far more flexible way to borrow, allowing SMEs to repay the money they need by taking a small percentage of their monthly card transactions as repayment. Liberis has no hidden fees, and the cost never changes. So not only does this keep their payments in line with their cash flow, it also frees them from traditional finance with fixed monthly payments, and nasty surprises.
Based out of a Fintech hub in Hammersmith, we are a young and vibrant business on a mission to re-invent SME lending. Having provided £130m of funding to over 4,000 SMEs, we are growing rapidly and are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated Underwriter to join a growing team in London.
This role presents an opportunity to join a fast-paced small business with significant growth plans. The successful candidate will need the spirit of entrepreneurship and a start-up attitude.
Responsible for the Risk assessment and decisioning of all new (and repeat business, where necessary) applications submitted to Liberis and carrying out or instructing, where necessary, any additional searches, investigations or site inspections, in order to reduce / mitigate, wherever practicable, Liberis’ exposure to lending risk.
In addition, to act as a liaison between Liberis and its clients and as a point of reference, with regards to risk management, for Liberis employees.
Key Responsibilities will vary but will include typically
- Underwriting and risk assessment of all new (and repeat, where necessary) business
- Liaison with Merchants from Prospect to approval / decline status
- Completion of on-site inspections for all larger transactions and, additionally, wherever else deemed necessary
- Timely completion and submission of all paperwork required by the Liberis Credit Committee, in relation to applications above the Credit Committee threshold
- To progress though the UW Stages; Level 1 & 2
- Presentation, to the Committee, of all applications above the Credit Committee threshold
- To act as a point of reference / guidance for Account Management / Renewals Team (and any other staff where required and as necessary)
- Conducting interviews with Merchants / applicants prior to decisioning
- Liaison with Senior Underwriter & Director of Credit to identify and catalogue risk sectors and ensure a joined-up approach to risk management
- Fielding queries from all other departments in respect of risk / pricing / policy, or any related issues
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience within Underwriting/Finance is ideal but not absolute
- Highly motivated
- Good communicator/Customer Service Skills