Graduate - Commercial Finance Analyst
My client is an established Legal/publishing company who are now recruiting into their grad scheme, you will be sitting in their commercial, financial planning and analysis team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a analytical candidate who has graduated in the last two years, looking to progress themselves in a fantastic growing company.
Main purpose of the Role:
- · Support the Commercial Finance Manager, who is partner to the Legal Business, with analysis of current trends to help forecast/drive future performance focusing on both Revenue and Costs
- · Play a key role in analysing quarterly billings/revenue to support the forecasting process across the product portfolio.
- · Responsibility for the analysis of overhead cost areas, ensuring cost center owners are supported throughout the monthly reporting cycle and quarterly forecasting process.
- · Producing and innovating monthly reporting to serve internal customers as well as meet the reporting requirements of the finance team
Performance management: 60%
Budgets, forecasts and operating plans 30%
Ad hoc Business Requests - 10%
You will have:
- Either started an accountancy qualification or wanting to.
- Must have graduted.
- Ability to confidently articulate the story that the numbers are telling to non-finance people
- Self-starter with questioning tenacious mentality
- Confident personality, who is comfortable taking ownership of tasks through to completion
- Must be comfortable working with ambiguity in a cross-functional, fast-moving and rapidly changing environment
- Must have strong analytical skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System (Hyperion Planning and Reporting) and Essbase would be an advantage
- Desirable to have experience in the print/online publishing industry or other subscription-based businesses
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.