Team Leader / Supervisor
What is the purpose of this role?
To lead and motivate team members and give guidance and advice.
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for ensuring that productivity is maximised, and that tasks are supervised and delivered effectively to agreed quality standards, timescales and safety.
What will this role involve?
- Monitor the performance of the team and deal with day to day management of the team
- Assisting the team as required
- Carry out performance reviews for direct reports, managing poor performance, attendance management, and disciplinary procedures as applicable
- Attend training courses necessary for development of the skills needed to carry out the tasks performed by the work group and learn how to act safely
- Planning and delivering full contract training (in/out of hours) for the contracts assigned
- Ensuring thorough communication of all new processes and any amendments to contracts you have been assigned. This will involve refresher training to all staff, and the revision of manuals and system messages General administration tasks
- Demonstrate all systems, web based products, and daily responsibilities to existing and new clients Undertake all duties as skilled, in a reliable, flexible constructive manner
- To manage projects to prince 2 standards
- To be competent to deliver projects to currents legislation i.e. Construction Design Management Regulations
- To Manage projects of multi disciplines for example, Mechanical, electrical & building fabric.
What are we looking for?
- Supervisory Management training
- Computer literacy - Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook - desirable
- Understanding commercial processes and requirements
- Excellent Planning and Organisational skills, able to effectively prioritise and multi-task
- Team Building skills
- Presentation skills
- Motivational skills
- Planning and motivational skills
- Ability to communicate with team and management
- Experience in a supervisory role
- High level of problem solving skills
- Good management skills
- The ability to manage and lead a team in the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary project activities
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Self-motivated, leads, motivates and enthuses team to achieve results
- Focussed on business objectives while managing day to day activities
- Proactive planning and management skills to deliver service
Additional Website TextAbout Amey
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.