Head of Mathematics, Maths Teacher- Portsmouth School
Academics are seeking an experienced Head of Maths or an experinced Maths teacher to join a secondary school in Portsmouth to start in April 2017, however the school can wait until September 2017 for a full-time, temporary to permanent position.
The successful applicant will have previous experience of leading a successful maths department or teaching maths in a mainstream secondary school and be able to show evidence of improving results in teaching and learning. You will be joining a dynamic leadership team who are all passionate about driving up attainment levels and could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
- Be a UK Trained teacher or possess QTS.
- Have recent secondary teaching experience in the UK.
- Have recent experience in a leadership role, ideally within the maths department
- Be a Maths Specialist
- Have good differentiation skills
- Be able to show good behaviour management skills.
- Be available full-time from September/January 2017
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Ideally be based in Hampshire or Portsmouth or happy to travel for work.
- Be friendly and open to new challenges.
- be available on a long term/permanent basis
You will be required to undertake a DBS and ideally be able to show two recent good or outstanding observations. For those interested, please apply using the link provided.
If you would like further information or would like to apply for this role, Please call Billie Johnson on