Regional Management Accountant
the Regional Management Accountant will work as a remote member of the core Management Accounting team (who are based at Head Office), but will have additional Finance Business Partner responsibilities working with operations across the South West
My client are a market-leading group of Veterinary practices who operate across the UK. Typically growing by acquisition, they operate a dynamic, ever-changing business model and are now the biggest group in the country with 370 practices. The South West alone is home to over 50 practices.
The Regional Management Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Finance business partner to Regional Directors, Clinical Directors and Practice Managers in South West England and Wales regions. This includes providing finance support and challenge in reviewing monthly P&L accounts, business cases and budgets.
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly profit and loss accounts and commentary for the respective regions.
- Supporting the Regional Directors in analysing, understanding and reporting upon the key metrics in underperforming practices.
- Assisting the Senior Management Accountant in the preparation of the monthly consolidated management accounts for the CVS Group ledger control.
- Seeking continuous development and improvement in client service and processes.
- Some travel will be required, both across the region (ad-hoc) and to Head Office in Norfolk (once a month)
- Fully qualified accountant
- Good understanding of the effective use of accounting systems
- Advanced Excel skills
- Some Cognos skills preferable
- Effective business partner with the ability to work with operational stakeholders, communicating financial information.
This role will pay a basic salary of up to £45k, and there is a car on offer as an additional benefit