Business Development Manager Food Products
To be successful in this role your background needs to include a strong mix of New Business and developing existing accounts. You MUST have sold to the HORECA sector - food service providers, independent retailers, wholesalers and end users. We are one of the largest producers of Potatoes in the world.
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000 + 10% bonus
BENEFITS: 10% bonus, Company Car, 8% Contributory Pension, 25 days holiday, Life insurance, Private Healthcare
HOME BASED COVERING: North of UK (Stoke to Scotland)
YOU COULD BE BASED: Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, Preston, Stoke-on-Trent, Nottingham, Blackburn, Newcastle, Edinburgh or Glasgow.
THIS ROLE WILL APPEAL TO YOU IF YOU:
* A proven track record in selling FOOD to the HORECA sector and want to work with autonomy, planning your own time and activity.
* Are Driven, Tenacious and Ambitious to want to progress towards National Account Management.
JOB SPECIFICATION - Business Development Manager – Food Products
As our Business Development Manager / Key Account Manager you will be targeted at identifying and engaging with potential new clients as well as managing relationships with key National Accounts (at a local level). Based from home you will travel throughout the Northern half of England and Scotland (although the Scottish customers are predominately Edinburgh and Glasgow based).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - Business Development Manager – Food Products
* Targeting a range of businesses within the retail convenience and HORECA sectors, independent and multiple site restaurants, hotels, pubs, hospitals, schools, universities, leisure centres. An ideal client would complete 2/300 covers a day.
* Showcasing our huge range (over 100) of fresh, ambient and frozen food products to key stakeholders/influencers.
* Decision makers can be Chefs and Development Teams to Food and Beverage professionals, through to Owners and Procurement.
* Your time will be split by one day at home and four in the field: 20% independent retailers, 20% on key national accounts (end users and wholesalers), 40% on new business and 20% on NPD, admin, sales reports etc.
* Averaging 5 appointments per day your diary is your own (with the exception of some SLA/KPI’s with National Accounts).
To be successful in your application you MUST live within the regions mentioned above and be willing to travel. We are particularly keen to receive applications from individuals who have a genuine passion for food.
Critically you MUST:
* Have a proven track record in sales of Food or Beverage based products. Having sold to a wide range of decision makers.
* Hold a strong understanding of commercials, market values, margins etc.
* Have an awareness of food related market trends and consumer insight.
* Worked for a FOOD manufacturer selling either direct to end users or via FOODSERVICE distribution partners.
* Ran a territory and your own diary, making appointments, generating leads, journey planning etc.
* A desire to progress – we want you to develop into a NAM position over the next 3 years.
* Networked throughout an organisation (both internal & external) – NPD teams, supply chain, R&D, production, quality etc.
IN RETURN, WE WILL:
* Introduce you to our business with a comprehensive 8 week training programme (one of these will be at one or our European sites).
* Provide you with a platform and encourage entrepreneurial flair and creativity.
* Offer you a working environment where making mistakes is encouraged (just don’t make the same mistake over and over again). We would rather your tried and failed rather than never trying at all.
* Work with you to progress to National Accounts and beyond.
Established for over 50 years we are proud of our growth and progression from a group of passionate farmers to one of the largest global suppliers of potatoes based products. With 12 factories across Europe we have developed into a major supplier of fresh, frozen and dried products.
Unfortunately previous applicants need not apply.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Matt Hogg quoting Business Development Manager – Food Products – North, reference MGH1702-27 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683318 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.