Inventory Management Accountant
This person will be responsible for ensuring inventory is accurately reported in the balance sheet, will assist continuous improvement projects within the Finance function and will provide financial support to the business.
My client are one of the world's largest independent suppliers to the global aviation industry.
- Over 100 years experience
- 17,000 employees
- Operate in 62 countries
- Audit & reconciliation of month end inventory returns from external locations.
- Reconciliations of key General Ledger inventory accounts.
- Calculation of monthly inventory provisions, e.g. slow move & net realisable value.
- Inventory reporting - values, programmes, locations, type, Key Performance Indicators and government statistics.
- Inventory forecasting and budgeting (values, programmes, locations, type, and Key Performance Indicators - as required).
- Analyse stock adjustments & administration of stock adjustment requests.
- Analyse and audit the scrap process.
- Analyse and understand period movements in stock levels
- Administer monthly inventory counts at external locations and attend twice yearly counts
- Ensure financial controls are maintained and inventory processes comply with internal and external procedures.
- To promote financial awareness and provide financial guidance, particularly relating to inventory issues, to operational managers and their respective teams.
- Provide finance support for inventory reduction projects, inventory forum and sales, order planning meetings.
- Support & provide cover for monthly SAP standard cost routines and annual costing updates, including assessing the accuracy of the updated standard costs plus issuing & following up subsequent corrective actions.
- Ensure changes to purchased material parts are correctly updated in SAP on a timely basis.
- Ensuring adequate financial controls are in place and maintained acting as the conscience of the business ensuring that general controls and processes are adhered to in business areas.
- Developing financial knowledge within the business as appropriate for non-financial managers.
- To fully support and develop continuous improvement activities within Finance.
- Assist in the development of finance reporting systems.
- Liaison with finance customers including management representatives, internal & external auditors and local users of financial data.
- Support capex case submissions from business areas, providing finance expertise and challenge re assumptions.
- Other ad-hoc requests to meet business needs.
- Experienced user of Excel.
- Experience of working within a Finance function, ideally with SAP.
- Good organisational, administration & analytical experience with competency in dealing with large volumes of data.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with flexibility in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- The successful candidate will have a good grounding in Finance and be a qualified member of CIMA, ACCA or similar
This role will pay a basic salary of up to £40,000