Transport Planner - London, £28000-£35,000 per annum
Our Client are a large design consultancy looking to appoint a Senior Transport Planner to support the delivery major Transportation schemes.
The role will require a Transport Planner with a proven track record small and medium sized projects. You must be able to work with limited management and have a strong understanding of Management and Modelling and be able to deliver Schemes.
This role is ideal for a Graduate or Assistant Transport PLanner with a few years experience to take the next step in their career.
- Experience ideally gained in a consultancy background.
- You will be comfortable providing inputs to the review and scoping of commissions and fee proposals.
- Demonstrate imitative with managing workload
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be self motivated
- Chartered or working towards Chartership
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent
Skills & Experience:
- Technical experience and skills, with a solid grounding in transportation planning for public and/or private sector clients, and likely to consist of a mix of:
- Planning policy, transport assessments or development control.
- Application of operational transport models for junctions (PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG or TRANSYT and/or microsimulation).
- An ability to conceptualise and articulate a path that will transform a local problem or issue into a set of options and evidence for consideration through to outline design.
- Traffic engineering experience and minor scheme design for urban areas
- Planning process and regulatory framework
- Planning and transport policy
- Transport statements, transport assessments and travel plans
- Traffic data analysis techniques
- Traffic modelling techniques
- Junction/highway design standards
If you are looking for a change or the next step in your career and live in or are looking to relocate to the London area, an opportunity like this might be just what you need to keep you challenged and see the rewards of your hard work.